Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


So, I'm beginning to think New Year's Eve is NOT my holiday.
Years ago (read before kids) New Years Eve was always a huge deal. We hosted Murder Mystery parties, had weekend get aways, dressed up for hotel overnight parties. Since kids, we always stay home. Last year, we invited Judd, Mel & Madison over and Jake got the stomach flu that morning so we had to cancel. This year, we invited them over again. The five kids had a great time playing and we had a pizza and hot dog supper. We put all the kids to bed at 8:00 (although Jake did wander out at 9:00 pm and say, "I stayed awake till 9:00!). We had fun playing cards and board games until about 10:45 pm when Max started crying from his crib (very unusual for him). When I went to check, the poor boy had thrown up all over in his bed - THE STOMACH FLU AGAIN! What are the stinking odds of that? Plus, Jake and Zach had just had it about three weeks ago and he never caught it. Obviously, my obsessive antibacterial hand gel use is no use for the flu magnets we are.
Poor Judd and Melissa stayed anyway, although I wouldn't have blamed them a bit if they had run screaming into the night clutching their kids. So my midnight wasn't marked with a smooch from my sweetie. At the time I was holding Max and a bucket. Although we didn't even open the champagne, I still felt horrible the next day from lack of sleep! Luckily, Max went to sleep about 2:45 am and woke up fine in the morning. At least it was short lived. We're hoping we didn't send a New Year's "gift" home for the girls...
Hope your New Years was fun!

1 comment:

Kellet Ose said...

New Year's Eve is THE holiday when vomit is fashionable!