Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Principal's Office?!!

Jake brought the following card home from school yesterday:
I WAS SENT TO THE PRINCIPAL TODAY!
Twin Lakes Elementary School
I was a little perturbed until I opened it and saw it was a "way to go" card. He got sent to the Principal's office for his work in spelling (100%!) - as Mr. Collins said in the note, MAGNIFICENT!

I had a fun dinner out Thursday night with my friends from Jake's old playgroup (just the Moms, not the kids). We had fun catching up and comparing tales of what the boys are up to. Chris and Barb's boys Jake's age are their youngest, while Paula and I are still "in the trenches" with two year olds, so we had lots of stories to tell. It was great to see them.



Tomorrow Jay and I are "volunteering" at hockey tournaments (those darn mandatory volunteer hours). I'm working all morning and he's working all afternoon. Since the arena is busy with tournaments, Jake's team is doing outdoor practices Saturday and Sunday at Central Park, just up the road from our house. They had a gorgeous day for it today, it was 45 degrees! Jay & Zach skated with them too, and they spent almost three hours at the rink!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Nice that you guys were able to enjoy some adult time. Great picture!

Laura said...

Way to go Jake!!!