Okay, they don't really have engines, but they do go very fast. Jake had his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Sunday. Each Scout gets a kit to make their own little wooden car which they race against all the other Scouts. It was a pretty high tech event, with the times computerized and everything. Jake didn't win a trophy, but he did place first in two of his heat races, so he was very excited! It was fun for the whole family to go, although since it was during Max's nap time, he did sleep on Mom and Dad through most of it.
They presented Jake with his award for having the most popcorn sales of the entire pack this year. He got a really cool pocket watch on a carabiner inscribed with the Boy Scout motto. Coincidentally, it is very similar to the one Jay got for Christmas for hunting! He has been carrying it around ever since (Jake, not Jay). It glows in the dark AND has a red laser light. Thanks to all you popcorn buyers!
We also had a hockey game yesterday, and Jake played GREAT. He scored two back to back goals. I tried to get pictures, but at hockey the batteries in my camera were dead. So I swapped them before the Pinewood Derby, but apparently I hadn't recharged those batteries from the last time, so I only got one picture before they died. Not so organized, I know.
Today the boys don't have school for a workshop day (Friday was the last day of the quarter). They are excited for another day off!
2 comments:
Way to go Jake. That is really cool.
I have pictures from the Derby! I will get them to you soon :)
Post a Comment