Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sarah's Baby Shower


Saturday we had a baby shower for my niece Sarah. She and her husband Dustin are expecting a boy September 10th (I KNOW, maybe he'll come on my birthday!). Cathy & I drove up to Brainerd and met Sarah, my Mom, my sisters Carol & Margie, and my niece-in-law-to-be Katie for lunch. We had a great time laughing and talking. We broke out our calendars and hammered out dates for our girls camping trips, Christmas shopping weekend, a bridal shower for Katie, and a baby shower for Amy & Pete. Whew - that felt good! It's always hard to get dates that work for everyone, so it was really nice to get it done and do it while we were all together.
The shower was a lot of fun. Sarah got tons of great stuff, including a crib and mattress, stroller and a car seat, so they are really getting set.
After the shower we had a chance to see my nephew Luke, who is leaving this Friday for Iraq. He is a medic in the Army, so it's extra scary to think of where he'll be going. I was really glad to get a chance to give him a big hug before he goes. He is leaving for a 400 day tour there. Luke and Katie have set a wedding date for the end of August 2010, just a few weeks after he comes home. Another exciting event to look forward to!

The Moms-to be Amy and Sarah. Yes, I know Amy's not showing yet, I just made her stick out her tummy for me!

1 comment:

Laura said...

OMGoodness!! Sara is prettier than ever! She looks beautiful. That's so exciting.