I feel like a new woman after my weekend. I had SUCH a GREAT time.
Birdwing was beautiful - on a lake with hiking trails, a pool, canoes, kayaks, and bicycles for everyone to use (unfortunately, it rained Saturday and Sunday). We stayed in a suite in an old converted barn. It was spacious and comfortable with three beds and a huge bathroom. There were five of us in our group, so we had another double room also.
All meals were included. They were delicious, healthy, and best of all they were prepared, served to me, and cleaned up by someone else! We spent the days going between the exercise building and spa. All the guests wore either workout wear or spa robes everywhere all weekend. Saturday was filled by breakfast, Qi Gong class, interval step class, then lunch, an hour long facial, a manicure, then yoga class. Mel and I spent some time with our books in the jacuzzi until dinner. We spent the evening talking and relaxing with snacks and wine. Sunday was more of the same with breakfast, Pilate's class, then a circuit class before an herbal foot soak and reflexology. Lunch was followed by an hour long massage. I also found some time to explore the grounds. There was a huge tepee by the lake filled with lounge chairs and a fire ring; a screened gazebo, a roomy hammock. Way too much to fit in on one weekend, I'm afraid I will HAVE to go back!
It was a wonderful birthday gift, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.
1 comment:
Sue you lucky dog! Sounds like heaven. Happy 40th too!
Gretchen
Post a Comment