I got a call from the school nurse Friday afternoon (never a good sign). Apparently Jake was trying to get a folder out of his backpack and poked himself in the eye with the folder. Only a child of mine could be this coordinated. The nurse thought it was bad enough that I should come and get him and take him to the doctor.
So Max and I headed to school to pick him up. We also had to get Zach out early (it was almost the end of the day) since I didn't know if we'd get home before the bus. My eye doctor's office was nice and told us to come right in, they'd fit us in. It ended up he had two scratches and a gouge across the cornea. The doctor gave him pain drops, antibiotic drops and put a soft contact over it to act as a "band-aid". He showed me on a huge monitor the close up of his scratched eye. I thought I was going to pass out looking at it.
We were supposed to remove the contact Saturday. My eye doctor said, "You used to wear contacts, you'll be fine." Of course, they were rigid, not soft, and it was my own eye. Needless to say, neither Jay nor I could get the contact out of Jake's eye. I had to call the eye doctor on his cell phone at home and ask if it could stay in until the office opened Monday morning. Instead he had us bring him in on Sunday and the poor guy came in on his day off just to take it out. The two smaller scratches had already healed, and the big one was much improved. It should be fine in a few days. ICK.
We are lucky enough to have my Mom visiting us this week. She started a series of laser treatments down here for the neuropathy in her feet and legs. She has five weeks of treatments three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) so she'll be staying here Sunday evening through Friday morning each week. Yeah! I'm really glad to get the time with her before they head south for the winter (we all are!). Hopefully Dad will get to spend some time down here too. He did last week, but this week he is busy working at home (always busy!).
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment