Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oh, Lonesome Me

Brothers off to school

Well, Zach went off to kindergarten today, without a backward glance at his mother madly waving from the bus stop. I have improved since Jake went off though. Instead of going into the house to sob, I just felt nauseous for a couple of hours.
We (Max and I) had our annual first day of school breakfast date with Laura and Alex (she was nice enough to delay for Zach's first day when I really needed the moral support!).
Although I'm sure he's fine (and goodness knows he was ready to go) it's awfully hard to have him gone all day for the first time.
Jake had a great first day yesterday. He came home and told us he has the best teacher in the second grade!
Zach and I have always baked cookies for Jake on his first day of school, so we made them for him yesterday. Now today I baked a different kind for Zach's first day. Only another hour till the bus is due.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a CUTE picture with their matching shirts!! LOVE it.