Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

The kids had a fun Halloween. Jay took them out trick or treating with the neighbor kids and Dads. They go on a trailer pulled by a 4 wheeler. They got TONS of candy. I stayed home and handed out candy to the trick or treaters.


Abby, Mandy, Anna, Josh, Zach, Max & Jake




My oven picked a great day to quit. I was going to bake jack'o'lantern pizzas on Halloween before trick or treating. When I went to preheat the oven it was totally dead. After my handy man took it apart, he discovered it was the igniter. We ordered the part, but looks like I'll be a crock pot / microwave cook for awhile.

Now for my EXCITING news...MAX IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!
Auntie Melissa babysat him for about an hour and a half last Wednesday morning. She did what I've been trying to do forever and got him fired up about going on the potty. He went twice for her that morning, but then after she left he said, "Put my diaper back on!" After my refusal and some convincing (okay, I bribed him with Smarties), he was back on track. Anyway, as they say, the rest is history! Out of my three boys he is the earliest trained, and by far the least accidents. He's been doing great out and about and everything! We even had the ceremonial dumping of the diaper genie (the lid was broken off). YAY MAX!


2 comments:

Kellet Ose said...

The igniter on our oven goes out every 2-3 years. Why can't things last anymore?

Your little guy will all too soon be driving a real car.

Laura said...

So does ours. We have it on the Minnegasco Service Plus plan so it's a quick repair. I think those alone have helped our Service Plan pay for itself. :)