Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sleepless Sleepover

The sleepless is me, I have no idea how much Jake slept! Jake went on his very first sleepover last night. For some unknown reason, I had a hard time with this. I know, doesn't bode well for when I have three teenage boys, does it? Although I know the parents and child well (we've even had the family over for dinner at our home and he is in Jake's class at school), I can't help but worry. Can he sleep okay? What if he wakes up in the night and doesn't know where he is? What if he gets sick/ has a bad dream/ ETC, ETC??? I just can't help it. Maybe it would be better if he were closer by and I could peer at the house he's in? Who knows. Anyway, I've been up since 5:00 am. Couldn't sleep. I fully realize I am ridiculous, but I am eagerly awaiting the time I can go pick him up and hear all about it!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! We went to my sister Margie's for dinner (in Brainerd). It was nice to see everyone. We miss having Mom & Dad there though.

The kids had a fun week off school. We fit in dentist appointments for all three of them and had conferences. I worked at the bookfair at school. Of course they had lots of time to play, too.
Their conferences went great - I am so proud of both of them. They each had wonderful report cards and their teachers each had such nice things to say about them!



Thanksgiving Day:


Carol, Cathy, Sue & Margie (yes, Cathy washed all the dishes)


Dustin & Max


Stan, Cathy & Margie


Jade, Carol, Maverick & Sarah


Wayne, Rick, Kyle, Dick

Pete & Amy (& baby Ava)

Max & Jay



Tony




Jim & Jake



Brian



Sue, Maverick & Max


The boys can't get enough hockey, even with as much as we're at the ice arena...

"Driveway Hockey" fun with friends! :

Bella & Jake
Zach (yes, that's cowboy boots and hockey gloves), Jake, Bella, Josh

Josh & Bella
Goalie Josh

Goalie Colt

1 comment:

Laura said...

What fun!! How old is Jade now? She looks soooo grown up and wow is she pretty. :)