Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you had fun this weekend celebrating our nation's independence! I'm really proud of my two nephews who are currently serving in the Army, Luke who is a combat medic going to Iraq and Brad who has served two tours in Iraq, completed Ranger school and was just ranked 4th out of 334 for Green Beret School!

We had a super fun Fourth of July weekend. Thursday night we took Jake out for dinner on his birthday (he picked Chinese).
Friday morning we packed up and headed up north to my Mom & Dad's. We took the kids into Crosslake to watch the fireworks Friday night. It was a VERY late night and we had crabby kids by the time we got back at 11:00 pm, but they had fun.
Saturday we went out in the pontoon and enjoyed a gorgeous day on the lake fishing and picnicking with Grandma & Grandpa and Auntie Carol & Uncle Rick.
We even saw lots of wildlife over the weekend - bunnies, deer, a fox, loons, geese, heron, squirrels.

Jay


Max's first time fishing!


Carol & Dad


Mom


Zach & Rick


Max & Jake

Sunday we headed home and got some time to play in the pool and have steaks on the grill for supper with the first tomatoes from our tomato plant - yum!



Jake & Zach in the pool.

Jake and Zach start swimming lessons today. I signed them up for the earliest morning session. It sounded better when I signed them up during the school year. A little later would have been nice for the summer!

2 comments:

Kellet Ose said...

Why didn't they have cool pool toys like that shark when I was a kid? (Because they hadn't invented plastic, yet?)

Laura said...

Looks like a very fun time!!