Friday, August 1, 2008

Plans, plans, plans

Well, we are getting ready for our family summer vacation. Yeah! At the end of next week we are headed WEST. Jay's brother Judd and his family are traveling with us - it will be a minivan caravan! We're planning on traveling through North Dakota and stopping at Theodore Roosevelt National Park and staying in Medora, ND. Then heading to Big Sky, Montana to stay for a week and seeing Yellowstone Park.
So far, this has included two planning meetings for Mel and I - really, how much do you expect us to get done with the five kids "helping"? I have more lists than I can keep track of, and a growing pile of gear in the downstairs bedroom. This pile includes a portable crib, booster chair, baby backpack carrier, swim goggles, the boys cowboy hats, ETC. The scary part is that I need to fit it all into the van, with the five of us! I have a sinking feeling I will be "weeding out" a few things (yes, I know, the cowboy hats may have to go).
It just seems comical the amount of work involved with getting the whole family packed and ready. I actually remember one vacation Jay and I took pre-kids, where one weekend in January we talked about taking a trip. We booked it online that Monday and left a few days later for Jamaica. No piles of gear. Seriously though, I do enjoy the planning. I love looking forward to a vacation and finding fun places to go and things to see. The boys are so excited. Although Jake did just ask me if Grizzly bears eat people....maybe we're watching too many Yellowstone shows on the travel channel.

No comments: