Thank you for your calls, emails and prayers. It was so nice to have the support and offers for help.
Mom spent Wednesday night and all day Thursday in the hospital and was released late Thursday afternoon. All of her tests (CAT scan, EKG, EEG, EMG, chest xrays, etc., etc.!) came out fine. The cardiologist even said he hopes his heart looks that good when he's 80! The diagnosis was a Vasovagal attack, which is a reflex of the involuntary nervous system that causes the heart to slow down, blood pressure to drop and deprives the brain of oxygen. All I know is that was the most scared I've ever been in my life, and that was the longest 10 minutes, or however long it took the first responders to arrive. A lot of different factors can contribute to causing it, but at least there was no damage to her and she is safe.
Mom & Dad spent the night here last night, and headed home this morning.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad she feels better!
Post a Comment