Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


The long weekend went by too fast.
Friday night I drove up to Mom & Dad's and spent the night. It was nice to get a chance to visit with them.
Saturday I went over to visit Sonya. She got home from the hospital late Wednesday night. She's having trouble with pain and her medications and not getting much sleep. I'm so proud of her, she is so strong. Please keep her in your prayers as she recovers from surgery and gets ready to start radiation.
On my way back home I met Mom and Dad, my sister Margie and brother-in-law Wayne, Aunt Lucy, Uncle Hank and cousin Julie for lunch in Brainerd. It was a nice surprise to get to see them all.
Sunday Jay's brother Judd, Melissa and the girls came out for lunch and spent the day. The kids had fun playing outside and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL day.
Jay is coaching Jake's baseball team, and has lots of help with three great assistant coaches. Monday afternoon we had the three assistant coaches and their families over for a barbecue. The morning was very cloudy and gloomy, it looked like it would rain us out. But right at 2:00, when the party started, the sun came out and we ended up having a perfect sunny afternoon. The moms chatted while the boys had batting practice with the dads, then we all played baseball later. It was a really fun afternoon, and a nice start to summer. Of course, the kids still have two weeks of school left, but Memorial Day always seems like the start of summer!!

Zach


Jake

Jay
Seriously, does anybody know how to rotate these on Blogger? :)

2 comments:

Kellet Ose said...

I rotate them before I upload them to blogger. (Right click) How did you get that nice visit counter to work? I am having trouble adding it.

Unknown said...

Hi, It looks like you had a fun time playing ball & getting together with the coaches families. Mom