Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Smarty Pants

We had our parent / teacher conferences Monday night. I got to hear wonderful things about ONE of my children...Zach is doing great in kindergarten. His teacher says he listens well - I couldn't help from asking, "really?". He has also been put into a group with the more advanced "readers", so they can be challenged (hey - this is my bragging forum, please refrain from vomiting). His teacher paid us the nicest compliment. She said that both of my kids have been so well prepared to start kindergarten. That really made me feel good, since I chose not to send them to any preschool. I've tried hard to give them the socialization and enrichment they would receive in preschool with the added benefit of individualized attention from their Mom (hey, you can't buy that). Much better than my fear of a teacher asking if I've kept them under a rock or something.
As for my eldest, I did not get to hear fabulous things about him, because when I showed up for his scheduled conference his teacher was not there! He apparently had a horrible case of the stomach flu and the office was supposed to contact all of his parents. After I showed up, I checked my cell phone, and there was a message from the office at 9:00 am (this is 6:50 pm). I was home ALL day, but they did not call there. I was so irritated. Of course Jay helps my irritation by saying,"Well, 90% of people probably do use their cell phones more than a home phone." AUGH - call the home number, and then if I'm not there feel free to try my cell!

We are headed north tomorrow for Thanksgiving - have a happy one!

No comments: