Friday, June 18, 2010

The Graduate




Daisy's 6 week dog obedience class ended last night. Each dog was tested individually for graduation. She did awesome, and received her diploma! It was actually amazing the difference in her from week one to week six. I think it helped a lot. We are signed up for another obedience class that starts in a couple of weeks, that is for kids. You have to be 9, so Jake will be taking it with Daisy.


Jake and Zach are attending Cub Scout day camp for a couple of days this week. It's Zach's first year going, and Jake's third. They both have a couple of friends going too, and are having a super time with archery, bb guns and lots of great fun! They come home hot, exhausted and filthy - always signs of a good time!

Jake, Trent & Zach at day camp


I'm starting a new summer vacation activity for myself - looking for some "me time" in our crazy schedule. I'm setting my alarm for 5:05 am, and going for a walk / walk-jog before Jay has to leave for work. Laura is joining me, so we each set out from our respective houses at 5:15 and meet on the road. We're doing a 2 mile loop through the neighborhood. The getting up 1 1/2 - 2 hours earlier is HARD, but for the first time I am actually having some relaxing time to read the paper and have coffee BEFORE the kids are up. Quite nice, and the early morning exercise feels great too!

No comments: