Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Fun!





We have a busy day today. First, it is our 15th wedding anniversary. I am so thankful for Jay. He really is such a good husband and father to our boys. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but I love him (and like him) even more than I did on this day 15 years ago. Happy Anniversary sweetie!

We had to head out early this morning for Jake's dentist appointment in Fridley. He had a regular cleaning and then a second appointment to do sealants on his four molars. From there we went right to a Mom's Club egg hunt. It was held at a members house, and we all brought filled eggs to hide outside in their fenced yard. There were a ton of kids all ages, and they had a ball. The bigger kids were good about letting the little ones find the easy to spot eggs. After the egg hunt they had fun playing outside on this sunny (and a little chilly) day.

This afternoon we are taking Zach to a birthday party for a boy in his kindergarten class. They are going bowling, and he is very excited!

Jay and I are just planning on working on our anniversary present to each other tonight (the new floor). He took the day off of work yesterday and we worked on the floor from about 8:00 am - 10:00 pm. I didn't realize that putting in the new floors would entail disconnecting the dishwasher and pulling it out and emptying a whole cupboard (where the dishwasher's hooked through). When supper time rolled around last night I couldn't get near the oven because it was blocked in with the dishwasher. We had to order pizza and have a picnic on the new (partial) floor. It was our second floor picnic this week (we had one during painting too). The kids are loving it. Jay got most of the living room done, all of the dining area, and about 3/4 of the kitchen done yesterday. I tried to help, but was more of a gopher, since the flooring I hooked together wasn't always perfect and would have to be redone. Tonight we need to move the oven and refrigerator to do under them. Not the most romantic anniversary, but the results will be much more rewarding than a dinner out!




Max was Mommy & Daddy's big helper all day.

1 comment:

Kellet Ose said...

Should your construction worker really be drinking on the job?