I had conferences for both boys last Wednesday night. They are both doing GREAT in school, and their teachers had wonderful things to say about each of them. Very nice to hear! I'm so proud of both of them.
I've had a busy few days. Last week I started to get the itch to paint the living room. It DESPERATELY needed it. Suffice it to say that it hadn't been painted since we've had kids. So I thought I'd take advantage of my moment of motivation and a weekend with no hockey and nothing on the calendar. I went out and bought the paint Thursday night, moved furniture (and 1.8 million toys) and taped Friday, then completed painting two coats on Saturday. With a TON of help from Jay. He did a lot of the painting too. We ended up doing the living room, dining room and kitchen. I love it!
I wanted to rearrange the living room furniture. We've been stuck with the entertainment center in front of the living room windows for years (to keep the sectional away from the railing by the stairs, preventing babies from climbing over). So as we moved the couch we realized that there is a huge grease stain from when the flexsteel recliner broke last year. Of course it is where I don't want any furniture now. So I called a carpet cleaner and set up an appointment for Monday afternoon. They have a special stain treatment for grease, but were unsure of getting it out (it's a big stain). So anyway, to make a long story short, we decided to rip out the carpet instead of getting it cleaned and put in laminate flooring in the living room, kitchen and hallway. We figured we'd invest the money we would have spent on getting the carpets cleaned, plus some anniversary money my Mom & Dad gave us, and the rest will be our anniversary gift to each other (it's our wedding anniversary this week). We bought the flooring last night and started ripping out the old flooring. I'm hoping we can finish it in a week or so...it won't be fun living with ripped up floors, but I can't wait to see the results!
Wish the do-it-yourselfers luck!!
Here is our new paint color (Zach made the final pick):
Here is the grease stain and the start of the floor demolition:
3 comments:
Very cool! I bet they are over the moon w/ the arrival of Hudson! Cool paint color. WTG Zach!
WOW. You are ambitious......I have trouble just finding the ambition to do some laundry!
Your paint color looks like what I just painted my bathroom. I also get the itch to paint now and again. My livingroom is next. Im envious we need new kitchen flooring and Im in a quandry as to wether I want new vinyl or wood....ugh decisions.....lol
Post a Comment