by James Patterson
I am a huge fan of James Patterson's Alex Cross series, I think I own all of them. With that disclaimer, I have to say I was disappointed with his latest. Alex follows his murderer to Africa. So in addition to the grisly killer we have settings like Lagos, Nigeria and Sierra Leone as well as Darfur. It was very violent (even for him) with so many characters getting killed off I was actually wondering if his kids would make it through to the end. Normally I like to wait a day before starting a new book so I can digest the one I've finished, but when I was done with this I wanted to start something else (less depressing) right away!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am reading this right now, so once I got past your first sentence I stopped reading the rest. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done!!
I finished it. I feel the same way you do. It was violent and depressing. I am a bit disapointed with Mr. Patterson. I hope that he is not thinking he will attract more readers this way. GO back to your "old" style James!! Anyway, I moved on to Edgar Swatelle. So far that seems like a good read...
Post a Comment