Opening duck hunting began today...perhaps other hunting widows can relate? Jay took off work early yesterday and headed out just after lunch in the camper. He went in on a lease on some hunting land with his brother near Alexandria, so I'm afraid there will be a lot of hunting weekends in our future. Fun for him, but the rest of us sure miss him when he's gone.
It makes for a long week when you stay home with small kids every day and then on the weekend your only "back-up" is gone. Luckily, this week we had my Mom here with us, so even though she's not here this weekend I don't feel like I haven't gotten a break.
It's so cute - Max misses Grandma when she's gone. All morning he kept asking "Nana up?", wondering why she hadn't come upstairs yet. When I'd tell him Nana went home for a couple of days, he wants to go to "Nana's house!".
The boys are busy honoring the weekend theme. They picked up duck callers a few weeks ago at Cabela's and they have been filling the house with the sound of honking ducks...QUACK!!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment