Remember that song? I went to the PTO meeting at Twin Lakes Elementary School tonight and I swear, I've had that song in my head all night. I only remember the chorus though - ACK. Somebody stop me.
At the meeting I signed on to canvas neighborhoods with door hangers to support our levy, which will be voted on November 4th. For those of you in the Elk River school district, please get out and vote yes. This is just a renewal of a levy that was passed 10 years ago. IT WILL NOT RAISE YOUR TAXES, and for example, the amount for a $200,000 house that people have been paying (and would agree to keep paying) is only $47.28 per year.
A levy is for operating costs (versus a bond that is for building) and if it fails, the district would have to cut 28 educational professional jobs. That is the equivalent of the entire teaching staff of my boys' school, to give you an idea of how big an impact it would make across the district.
Although I'm sure voter turnout will be huge, since it's a presidential election, it's important to get the word out for our schools. Anyone who lives in the district and would be willing to help, let me know!
Today my Mom, Zach, Max and I went to visit my Aunt Phyllis (my Mom's sister) in Inver Grove Heights. We went out for lunch with her and had a really nice visit. She is so much like my Mom, I always love seeing them together and spending time with her.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment