Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shopping Fun

Cathy, Katie, Margie, Hannah, Ava, Amy, Sarah & Carol


I had a GREAT time on the annual Christmas shopping weekend with my sisters (but we sure missed our Mom, who's already in Texas). We met for breakfast Saturday in St. Cloud and spent the day shopping. There were nine of us for the day, including my niece Sarah, 3 "niece-in-laws", and baby great niece Ava. I got quite a bit of shopping done too! Amy, Ava and Hannah headed home in the afternoon, but the rest of us had a yummy dinner out at Red Lobster, shopped a little more at Target and then checked into the hotel. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves - very nice! Then we stayed up until the wee hours playing games. Luckily we didn't get kicked out for being too loud! We were having so much fun and laughing so hard my stomach muscles actually hurt! It was a nice addition to have my nephew Luke's wife Katie stay with us, she fits right in with our goofy family! :) Sunday morning when we checked out we realized we'd been hit with an ice storm and the sidewalks, parking lots and roads were glazed with ice. We (carefully) spent the day shopping some more and had lunch out at Olive Garden. By late afternoon we all headed home. I so enjoyed a relaxing weekend away with them all!

The boys are off school this whole week for conferences and Thanksgiving. Monday afternoon and evening I spent up at school setting up the teacher appreciation dinner the PTO puts on for conferences. It went well and the teachers all seemed to "appreciate" it!
I also had Jake and Zach's conferences last night. They are both doing really well and had good report cards. I'm so proud of them both!!!

No comments: