I've set a lofty goal! I'm going to start running. Not only am I going to start running - I am going to train for a 10K. My friend Sonya is healthy and doing great after her battle with throat cancer last year. She (and I) want to celebrate her health! So we are planning to run a 10K on May 22nd. That gives us about 11 weeks to train. So far I am still working up to running more than a minute at a time before having to walk. Walk, run, walk, run, walk...turn purple. Wish me luck!!!!!
Another big change happened when I went to the eye doctor. I quit wearing my contacts about 4 years ago. When I was pregnant with Max my contacts bothered my eyes so much I stopped wearing them, and I just never went back. I'd always worn either hard contacts or gas permeable lenses because my eyes were too bad to wear soft contacts. At my eye appointment, the doctor told me they have come out with a new soft lens that could work for my prescription and astigmatism. So I ordered a "trial" (30 day) pair. When I went to pick them up Friday, they wanted me to put them in and take them out before I left the office since I had never worn soft contacts before. WOW. Who knew soft contacts were SO different!! They are about twice the size of my old ones. They can flip inside out. They do not just "pop" out by pulling at the corner of my eye...you have to TOUCH YOUR EYEBALL to get them out. EWWWWWWWW. It took me a little bit and several tries to get them in. I COULD NOT get them out. Seriously. It took me an hour in the office altogether. They closed at 5:00 - still there with two contacts stuck in my eyes. Two women were trying to teach me how to get them out. One even put a contact in her own eye to demonstrate. I just can't get over the fact that I am TOUCHING MY ACTUAL EYEBALL and PUSHING MY FINGERS INTO IT to try and get that sucker out. It's like a suction cup. But, I tried again today. I got them in right away, and it only took me 30 minutes of trying to get them out. Maybe there's hope for me yet. Unfortunately, they are no where near the clarity of gas permeable lenses, but we'll see how it goes. I also got new glasses too.
Zach was the Star of the Week in his class this week. Woo hoo Zach! He made these posters:
No comments:
Post a Comment