Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahh, Summer!

Last week Jake and Zach went to the SPA...Summer Playground Adventures, that is. They took a class called Extreme Boredom Busters that ran for a week, from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Fortuitously, Max also took his nap during this time, giving me peaceful afternoons for a week! They had a water fun day, pajama movie day, and did lots of games and arts & crafts. We all enjoyed it!
I got a jump on back to school shopping this weekend and hit a few sales. The shopping I did without the kids did necessitate some returns and exchanges, but was more peaceful than when I went out again with company. :)
Tonight I have my Moms Club book club. I was asked to take over as book club coordinator. I'm hoping to get a little more interest generated and get attendance up a little more. It will be meeting during the day, so moms can bring their kids and they can have a play date while we talk about the book. I set up a list of books and dates to meet for the coming year and gave little synopses of each book, then put this in the Moms Club newsletter. I'm hoping this way people can pick and choose books that appeal to them and look ahead for the books to borrow, get at garage sales, whatever. I must confess I also slanted a little toward chick lit-ish books, trying to lure in the very busy stay home moms. Hopefully we'll get some good turnouts.
We got a lot of rain this weekend, but were able to have some fun outdoors too. Saturday afternoon our friends the Heids came over. The kids all swam in the pool and we barbecued for supper. The kids had fun eating outside on the picnic table Saturday and Sunday night too. We even had a fire and made s'mores. Ahh, summer - gotta love it!

No comments: