Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up!

Yesterday at the Mom's Club meeting we held our elections for the board for the upcoming year. I was elected the new secretary for the upcoming year. I have to admit, I was nominated and agreed to it before the PTO co-chair came up. It shouldn't be nearly as much of a time commitment though, so it will work out okay. I'll just have to get my organizational skills back in full gear!

This morning we went to the volunteer appreciation breakfast at school. It's put on to thank the volunteers who've helped out throughout the year. It was a nice way to start the day!

Today we had Max's Early Childhood / kindergarten screening. He had fun at the screening. Of course my boy accepted his effusive praise modestly..."Wow, Max has consistently scored at the top of the five year old level on everything and he's only three. You're really smart, Max!"
"Yes," he replied. Oops, maybe he gets that from his mom bragging about him so much????
Although it seems like they do this earlier and earlier with each child, it's still such a milestone. It's hard to believe that in two years he'll be off to kindergarten!!

With my new PTO co-chair responsibilities coming for the next two years, I thought I'd better get my ducks in a row now (instead of waiting until Max is back in school). I'd let my teaching license lapse, so that was one of the things I wanted to get back up to date. I did, and it came in the mail today - woo hoo! Feels kind of good to be officially licensed again and ready to work when the time comes. I have a feeling it's going to go by in the blink of an eye, just like these past nine years at home have! I'm so incredibly thankful that I've been able to be home with my boys. Definitely the best job ever!!

No comments: