Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Day, May Day!

The month of April (and the end of March and beginning of May!) kind of slipped past my blogging!

The boys had their spring break in March - they had 11 1/2 days off of school. We fit lots of fun stuff in. Play dates with friends, lots of trips to different parks, and a couple of great kids movies!

The regular hockey season ended in mid March, and spring hockey started the next day. Spring is also the season where we overlap hockey and baseball. Sadly, some nights it's warmer in the hockey arena than it is sitting outside at baseball! Jay is head coach for Jake's baseball team again this year, and I'm taking on the job of team manager. Zach has decided to take a break from baseball this year and is taking golf this summer.

Our April was very exciting, as we added a new member to our family!! After lots of searching, we adopted a black lab mix puppy. Daisy is about 7 months old. She is so sweet, we all love her! We got her through Midwest Animal Rescue. She was pretty neglected - never been to the vet, no vaccinations, very underweight. Her little spine and ribs were sticking out. She has definitely settled in to our family. The boys are in heaven with their new doggie buddy to play with, and Daisy is enjoying all the attention! She's gotten up to date on her vaccinations, gotten spayed,and is putting on weight and getting a nice glossy coat. Her only issue has been pretty severe separation anxiety when we leave her, but that is already improving and I'm sure we'll work through it in time. It's really nice to have a dog in the house again (okay, not the hair, dirt and doggy smell, but the dog!).

I served on the bookfair committee at school this year. We use the profits from the spring bookfair to purchase "birthday" books as a gift for every child in the school. So I got to go to the Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale and SHOP for books galore. It was SO much fun!!! There were five of us that went, and we each had a shopping cart full of books!

I'm taking on a new "job" (by that I mean non-paying!). At the last PTO meeting of the year I was nominated to be co-chair of the PTO. It's a two year commitment, with a lot of responsibility and work. But I'm looking forward to being even more involved with the boys school. It's nice to be able to take advantage of these years I get to be a stay home mom!

The boys had their last hockey game of the season on Mother's Day (I know, a man does that schedule, right?). They had such a fun team, with lots of their friends on it. It's hard to believe I can actually pack all the hockey gear away. We've been playing hockey continuously since last August!

Even though I spent the day at the hockey arena, I still had a great Mother's Day. Jay brought me coffee in bed and made a huge, yummy, cholesterol laden breakfast. Zach made me a towel with his hand print on it and he made me a really cute card with my picture drawn on it. I got cards from Jay and each of the kids, even Daisy! They gave me a beautiful white gold Mother's ring with all three of their birthstones. So sweet and such a great surprise!!

1 comment:

Kellet Ose said...

You are a lucky, lucky mama! (So am I)