Thursday, October 15, 2009

Field Trip in the Snow!

Monday I went with Zach's class on their first grade field trip. Unfortunately, it was snowing all day (and we were outside all day). But, we had a GREAT time anyway!!
We spent the morning at the Oliver Kelley Farm, which depicts authentic farm life from 150 years ago. The kids got to plow the field with a team of oxen, see lots of animals, learn about gardening, cooking and how they did all the work in the 1800's.
Then in the afternoon we went to Berry Hill Farm, where we went on a wagon ride through the woods, saw animals, did a corn maze and picked out pumpkins.
I'm so thankful I am able to share these special days with my boys!



Zach driving the team of oxen and plowing the field.




Wagon ride (pulled by a tractor).


Zach with baby bunnies - cute!


My pumpkin!


Zach's first grade class with Mrs. Carr (Zach's top row, right center, red hat)

Yesterday I went to school for the morning and volunteered in Zach's classroom. He got to wear a crown for his birthday and had his name announced on the school's morning tv broadcast of announcements. We brought in cupcakes to celebrate with his class. Hard to believe my Zach is turning 7!

No comments: