Friday I headed out for my annual spa weekend with Melissa and Stacey. We went back to Birdwing Spa in Litchfield, the same place we went last year. It was a heavenly, relaxing weekend!
We checked in late Friday afternoon and had dinner at the spa. All meals are included - they are healthy, low calorie and yummy. Best of all, planned, prepared, served and cleaned up by someone else! We relaxed in the hot tub and chatted by the roaring fire before heading to bed.
Saturday we slept in and had our breakfast served in the dining room at 9:00 am. We went to Tai Chi class at 10:00 am, then kickboxing class at 11:00 am. Lunch was at noon, and then I spent the afternoon getting a pedicure and an hour long full body massage. I also found lots of time to curl up with books. We had dinner and spent the evening relaxing and talking by the fire with snacks and wine (Yep, we realize that defeats the purpose of the healthy, low cal meals. Oh well!). I spent the entire afternoon and evening in my spa robe. Hate to go to the effort of getting dressed...
After breakfast Sunday I had a 30 minute holistic rosemary head massage. Yep, a half an hour of someone massaging my head and shoulders. Wow.
When I was done I joined the fitness instructor for tea. It was actually Chi (Tai Chi) and Tea, but I went late after my service and just joined in for the tea!
After lunch I went for a walk around the lake and trails. They have beautiful grounds! Then I came back in and had a soak in the hot tub before my one hour European facial. More massaging of my head and shoulders, did I mention how relaxing my weekend was?!
Melissa and I headed home in the late afternoon so I could make it back for Jake's hockey game at 6:15. It was a wonderful weekend, but over way too soon!!
When I was done I joined the fitness instructor for tea. It was actually Chi (Tai Chi) and Tea, but I went late after my service and just joined in for the tea!
After lunch I went for a walk around the lake and trails. They have beautiful grounds! Then I came back in and had a soak in the hot tub before my one hour European facial. More massaging of my head and shoulders, did I mention how relaxing my weekend was?!
Melissa and I headed home in the late afternoon so I could make it back for Jake's hockey game at 6:15. It was a wonderful weekend, but over way too soon!!
2 comments:
i'm sooo jealous! That looks excellent.
WOW. That sounds amazing.
Post a Comment